The Enigma of Zodiac Characteristics
Trying to find out the features of a person has been fascinating humans for a long time now. The rise of personality analysis tests is just one of the many mentionable forms of this. While science and philosophy have their way of analyzing things, there exists another renowned art form, astrology that assesses the personality of any human, categorizing them into zodiac signs. Over the years, the representation of zodiac signs has taken many drastic turns, seen a variety of symbols used to represent it yet keeping its core idea clean. The wheel of astrology is completed only when all the unique natures of the zodiac signs are addressed. The mutable nature of some signs must be compensated with the rigidity of others; such is the nature of life, one fulfilling the other’s flaws and both respecting the mutual differences.
The zodiac signs and their categories
Cultures around the world categorize and name the zodiac signs differently and indicate them in ways of their own. Among all of these, the western zodiac has a broader reach among the crowds all over the world. The zodiac of the west divides humans into 12 categories, also called as the zodiac signs. This characterization is based on the person’s date of birth and is believed to define their characteristics and shape them as they grow older. The twelve zodiac signs are further characterized into four sub-categories that consist of zodiac signs with the maximum similarity possible. The twelve zodiac signs are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. These signs are named as air, water, fire, and earth signs, depending on their fluidity in behavior and similarity in characteristics. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are categorized as the fire signs; Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn as the earth signs; Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius as the air signs and Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces as the water signs.
Characteristics of each zodiac
Each zodiac sign has noticeable differences from the others in personality traits and many other aspects. A short exploration of each sign would either give shockingly similar characteristics or some cases, irrelevant descriptions.
– Aries – People born in the period from March 21 – April 19 come under this zodiac. Aries are known to rush behind the number one position, posing out their ambitious nature, and it is no surprise that they are the first sign of the zodiac. Known to be bold and adventurous, Arians do not shy away from going straight into the dangerous of situations, flaunting their audacious persona.
– Taurus – People born between April 20 and May 20 are categorized as Taureans. Represented by a bull, Taureans are a perfect embodiment of strength and headstrong nature. They are known to love and loathe the serenity of aromas and soothing and delicious flavors. They enjoy being pampered and respected above anything else.
– Gemini – People born in the period from May 21 – June 20 are categorized as Gemini. A perfect description of their personality is given as the twins to these people with never-ending passions. They are keenly interested in widely different aspects and use their twin nature to pursue their dreams. At times, they are known to show a double-face, causing damage to their relationships.
– Cancer – The people born between June 21 and July 22 come under the Cancerian zodiac. They are represented by the crab, emphasizing their unique abilities in dealing with emotional and practical situations with the same confidence. They are the type of people who adapt themselves to their surroundings quicker than someone would expect and are disturbed emotionally at the same pace.
– Leo – People born in the period between July 23 and August 22 are categorized as Leos. They are represented by the Lion, known to be the king of the forest, and this is a perfect representation for Leos, who are natural leaders. They love being the show stoppers of any situation and love to grab the spotlight. As royal and bubbly as they are, Leos are soft-natured humans who tend to be upset by the slightest of emotional disturbances.
– Virgo – The people born between August 23 and September 22 are known as Virgos. They are practical and systematic who love to improvise themselves to the extent they feel is perfect. These logical and perfectionist people emphasize on being the best version of themselves and expect their surroundings in the same way, sometimes leading to the disapproval of their close associates.
– Libra – The people born between September 23 and October 22 fall under this zodiac. Represented by the scales, Librans strive to balance all the aspects of their life. They are natural charmers and owing to their fiery nature, and they are the most energetic in any gathering.
– Scorpio – The people born between October 23 and November 21 are categorized as Scorpions. People of this zodiac are often found to be misunderstood owing to their passion and obsession with power. It is one among those signs that fluidly manage emotional and practical aspects.
– Sagittarius – The people born between November 22 and December 21 fall under this zodiac sign. Sagittarians are always on a quest for knowledge, and they are known to be explorers, who tread on journeys around the world on spiritual and intellectual adventures.
– Capricorn – The people born between December 22 and January 19 are named as Capricorns. Capricorns are generally goal-oriented and extend their skills to solve emotional issues too. Their goal-oriented nature sometimes results in loss of harmony among their relations.
– Aquarius – People born between January 20 and February 18 are known as the Aquarians. They have a hidden joyful nature which is better exposed when they are around their close associates. Their humanitarian aspects are widely praised among all the zodiac signs.
– Pisces – People born between February 19 and March 20 fall under the Piscean zodiac sign. They possess the ability to associate their fantasies and reality, sometimes confusing both closely. They are also known to be extremely emotional beings, which is seen in their decision making influenced mostly by emotion and lesser by thought.