Unlocking Zodiac Secrets: Lucky Symbols and Talismans for Each Sign
Ketu is believed to be a headless, half planet, the south node of the moon also known as the ‘tail of the dragon.’ Both malefic and benefic, Ketu causes sorrows and loss and yet at the same time turns an individual towards God. Associated with detachment, losses, mindlessness, wandering, and confusion in one’s life, it causes material loss in order to force a more spiritual outlook in the person.
Rahu is a giver and Ketu is a taker. But the truth is that while Rahu makes a person indulgent and materialistic, Ketu dives into the spirituality of an individual. Ketu helps to get detached from the hollow endeavors.
Ketu is often considered to be malefic and has been mostly affiliated with negative things. However, in Hindu mythology, Ketu represents karmic collections of both good and bad, spirituality and supernatural influences. Astronomically, Rahu and Ketu denote the points of intersection in the paths of the Sun and the Moon as they move on their imaginative spheres.
Therefore, Rahu and Ketu are respectively called north and south lunar nodes. Ketu is also responsible for the Eclipses of the moon.
Another name for Ketu is ‘Moksha Karaka’.
As per Vedic astrology, both Rahu and Ketu have an orbital cycle of 18 years and are always placed about 180 degrees from each other. This coincides with the precessional orbit of the moon.
Effects during Ketu Mahadasha
Ketu Mahadasha has both some positive and negative effects. Theketu Mahadasha will also carry positive results in your life provided it is present in the benevolent houses of the ascendant. The Ketu Mahadasha lasts around 7 years in the horoscope and of the Sun/ Jupiter is rightly aligned in the horoscope of a person then it is aimed to bring in good results in one's life, whereas if Venus/ mercury/moon is aligned negatively in one's horoscope then, Ketu Mahadasha is indeed a dread for him or her. The ascendants of Aries, Capricorn, Cancer and Aquarius ascendants will obtain the most benefits out of this dasha.
If we consider the positive effects then, Ketu Mahadasha ultima leads a person towards the path of moksha or spirituality irrespective of its positive or negative placement. Being aligned in the positive house leads to enormous wealth, career enhancement and fulfills the desires of a person to such an extent that the satisfaction brims you the person and he/she leaves the materialistic world and manifests in spirituality. If placed in the negative house, the Ketu Mahadasha will destroy you to such an extent that you will find no other way to escape except to walk on the path of spirituality or moksha.
Listed below are some of the ill effects that are often experienced during the time of Ketu Mahadasha. You could check if you are going through the same problems
1. There may be conflicts among family members. Children and spouses may be fearful. Feeling of restraints among family members which bring out subsequent unhappiness.
2. There may be a loss of ecstasy, fear of vehicles, fire, and public criticism.
3. During the Maha Dasha of Ketu, happiness will prevail and wealth will be attained.
4. Misunderstandings and fears are prevalent in life.
5. There must be an interest in sinful deeds arising out of conflicts, lack of prudence, and mental restlessness.
6. There may be obstacles in the acquisition of education and wealth, accidents or misfortune, fall from a vehicle, migration abroad, and losses in agriculture are foreseen.
7. There might be lost through humiliation. Like the moon, the katakana of mind cares of Rahu, Sun the katakana of ego is scared of Ketu. Ketu is the ultimate annihilator of ego.
8. Almost all people in Ketu Mahadasha undergoes a transition. Their mind that used to work very clearly earlier suddenly starts MA functioning. There often an inability to do things responsibly.
9. A constant headache may be an effect of Ketu, which most people feel. However, the other diseases related to this are diabetes, amputation, sleep apnea, etc.
1. Ketu is the only planet of obstruction, Lord Ganesha is the deity of Ketu. One must worship Lord Ganesha diligently to overcome obstacles created by Ketu.
2. On Wednesdays offering sindoor to Lord Ganesha might help in eradicating all the grief, pain, and suffering.
3. Keeping fast on Thursdays
3. Donate sugar or food made from jaggery and/ or products that grow under the ground to homeless people.
4. Apply saffron tilak mixed with raw milk.
5. Wear the ‘Cat’s Eye’ gemstone, also commonly known as lehsunia. The gem is the radiant stone which is related to the shadow planet Ketu. It believes to bring many materialistic comforts to the wearer of the stone. It also brings in positive results and strengthens the person both mentally and emotionally.
6. Donate Kulthi dal or black mustard seeds on Thursday to reduce Ketu dosha.
7. Visit temples regularly and offer yellow things in flowing water.
8. Heat up a rod of gold and then dip it in milk. Then drink it. It will help you to restore mental peace, increase longevity.
9. Avoid being prude, do not make false promises or indulge in any kind of act which is looked down upon.
10. The best method of dealing with Ketu is to take refuge under ‘spirituality’. Keenly Devore yourself into spiritualism. Read a spiritual text, listen to your favorite hymn, meditate, concentrate on praying.
11. The last and the most effective remedy is to meditate. Try to keep yourself calm. Reflect and retrospect.