You have probably heard about the presence of 7 chakras in our body. These are considered to be the energy centres of the body. Although medical science did not found the presence of any chakras in the body this concept is strongly accepted by the people practising yoga or meditation.
What is a Chakra?
There are 7 chakras in the body which is considered to be the energy centres that is aligned along the spine. These chakras control the emotional, mental, physical and spiritual states of the body. The word ‘chakra’ means wheel. Through these chakras a body exchange energies from the surroundings. Energy is entered through one chakra and then gets purified by the other chakras.
If any of the chakras are blocked, the energy is not able to flow efficiently as a result of which many health issues occur in a person’s body. The 7 chakras are Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third-Eye and Crown. The blockage of each chakra causes health issues in the respective area where it is located.
Effects of Blockage of Chakra
For a healthy body and mind, energy should flow throughout the body. As chakras are the energy centres of the body so blockage of any chakra can affect the physical and the mental health of the body.
1. Root Chakra – This Chakra is present at the base of the spine. It is of Red colour. It is the lowest level of chakra and thus it is directly connected to Earth. A balanced root chakra can make you feel grounded, secure and empathetic towards everybody. While the blockage of the Root Chakra can cause mental problems like stress, insecurity, addiction and physical problems related to legs, feet, lower back, knees.
2. Sacral Chakra – It is present at the lower abdomen region. The colour of this chakra is Orange. This chakra causes sexual and reproductive problems, urinary infections, females can suffer from menstrual problems etc. and emotional problems like low self – confidence, fear etc.
3. Solar Plexus – The Solar Plexus chakra is located at the diaphragm and is of yellow colour. Weight problems, allergies, gallbladder issues, digestive problems etc. are some physical problems caused due to the blockage of this chakra? Emotional problems include sleep disorders, lack of concentration, constant fear etc.
4. Heart – As the name suggests, the heart chakra is located near the heart. Its colour is green. This chakra is the main energy centre for healthy mental and spiritual states. As the heart is the main respiratory organ so the blockage of the heart chakra causes respiratory issues, and problems involving lungs, chests, breasts, or heart. Mental issues like loneliness, detachment from the loved ones, sadness etc. can be caused by this chakra.
5. Throat– It is present at the base of the throat. The throat chakra is blue – coloured. Thyroid issues, problems related to your vocals, tonsils, teeth or gums problems are the physical issues while mental issues are failing to express yourself, loneliness, anxiety etc.
Third Eye – Indigo coloured Third eye chakra is present between the eyebrows. Blockage of the Third Eye chakra can cause vision problems, headaches etc. and issues like lack of creativity, mood swings etc.
7. Crown Chakra – the Crown chakra is located at the top of your head. It is violet in colour. Brain problems, migraines, nervous system issues, memory problems, depression, fatigue, hallucinations etc. are the issues caused due to the blockage of the crown chakra.